Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fashion's Night Out 2010


As I'm sitting at the computer doing my usual morning work with my cup of coffee, I suddenly feel it..... FALL!! She's blowing through my window, finally!!  Blazers, jeans, long-sleeves, layers.... I feel it just around the corner. I'm not a fan of winter but I adore New York City in autumn. The end of summer is always bittersweet but not this year.  With record highs in July, I will not miss melting in my apartment with the A/C on at all.  Thoughts of fall usually remind me of "back to school" but I no longer have that problem.  This year, I can actually plan what I would like to do for Fashion's Night Out and hop around like I did 2 years ago.

I didn't get to go last year because I was stuck at work and then came home to do more work! This year It will be me and my Rebel (and maybe a friend or two) taking on Manhattan.

I really wish there was a way I could get paid for being at FNO this year. I want to somehow save money to get a better camera lens, but I will make sure with my 50mm and my 35mm lenses. My goal is to really get a feel for the fall trends and use my existing wardrobe to reflect what's going on as much as possible.  I want style but on a budget. I can sit for hours on end and look things up online, but I rather see it and experience it for myself.  I am a visual/tactile person, so most of my inspiration comes from what I can see and touch.

Here are a few shots from my last experience. Did the Columbus Circle area and the Upper East Side.  Had a blast meeting up with old and new friends and grabbing freebees where ever we could.


Calvin Klein 2010



Donna Karen 2010
Passerby 


Street Style 



Stay Nifty ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment