Thursday, August 16, 2012

Welcome!


I should preface this by saying its my 3rd blog in seven years.  I been back and forth between a journal, blogging, and nothing for a long time.  What's different this time? A lot and nothing at the same time:



  • I'm still pretty random and weird. 
  • I'm older and married. 
  • I just resigned from my job and I have nothing in place.  
  • I still searching for the essence of ME 
Nothing out of the ordinary, but I want tis to be a place where I can post my inner most thoughts and feelings for the world to read.  I feel I'm going through some pretty interesting life transitions all in one year, so why not write and share. 
    I just turned 30 a little over 2 months ago.  I'm possibly suffering from the traumatic effects of "I'm in a new decade" crisis or I just lost the last bit of my marbles.  Nonetheless, I'm pushing through it on the avenue of self expression! (I feel so cliche right now accidentally listening to Jazz as I write my third-first post... Back to my crisis). In the past 60something days I have tried the following and succeed at some - in no particular order- most taking place within the 16 days of August:
    • Enrolling in Nail technician school - doing it myself with friends at home
    • Planned to start yet a 3rd and final blog - Vuala!
    • Applied for a job(s) - had my heart set on one but it wasn't for me so just call me a little engine 
    • Dog grooming -Disaster but my pup is still alive
    • Starting a styling business - working on a name (wipe sweat from brow)
    • Connect with 547 strangers on LinkedIn - Internet accidents that make me mad 
    • Break the world record for number of hours infront of a computer - Fail due to my limited attention span
    • Pick up my camera and shoot - looking for volunteers email me ;)
    • Make some new friends - Establishing deeper relationships with the people I already know 
    Did I mention I love bullet points?? 

    I have also had several realizations and "break throughs" in this 16 day soul search. 


    1. Don't fight who you are - "There's enough of everyone else, and only one you"
    2. Misery is not an option - figuring out what makes me happy
    3. I refuse to live my life in mediocrity just because I made a wrong turn along the way.   
    4. I miss Me and all the craziness that is packaged inside this 4'11"1/2 sized body
    I will continue to post on a daily basis until I am employed, so come along and hang out on Nify's Corner....

    In the meantime, Stay Nifty friends!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment